Below is a suggested program timeline for Ecology, Evolution, and Behavior PhD Graduate Students
- Student begins to develop proposed dissertation project in consultation with major advisor.
- Form Supervisory Committee – Student submits Appointment of Supervisory Committee Form.
- Convene initial committee meeting – Student brings completed Program Development Form and an outline of proposed research topic for discussion with the committee.
- Student begins to draft written proposal and animal care protocols (if necessary).
- Second Week – Student submits written proposal for dissertation project, receives feedback, presents proposal presentation.
- Comprehensive Exam
- Student applies for Candidacy in the semester before expected graduation – Application for Admission to Candidacy Form (be aware of the deadline!)
- Student completes Application for Graduate Degree in my.BoiseState student center following instructions provided. If you have not submitted a candidacy form you will receive an error message and will not be able to apply for graduation. The deadline for the Application to Graduate comes early in the semester – check the graduate catalog for details.
- Student completes and defends dissertation (be aware of the deadlines for defending and submitting completed dissertation to graduate college, and program rules for scheduling a defense!)
- Student submits required materials to Graduate College.
Intervening Period between Specific Deadlines Listed Above
- Dissertation Research
- Student analyzes data; continues research; writes about preliminary results or research projects; attends meetings etc.
- Student meets with and updates graduate committee regularly about research progress.